Newcastle United takeover latest: Four bids made to buy club as Mike Ashley plots sale before end of the year

Newcastle United takeover latest: Four bids made to buy club as Mike Ashley plots sale before end of the year
Four bids in excess of 300million have been made to buy Newcastle United, with owner Mike Ashley hoping to push through a sale before January.Ashley, the sportswear tycoon, has revealed he is in talks with several potential purchasers 14 months after placing the Magpies on the market, and voiced his hope that a deal could be done within weeks.Newcastle fans have wanted Mike Ashley away from the club for yearsGetty3
Newcastle fans have wanted Mike Ashley away from the club for years
It is understood that at least four interested parties, all of them based overseas, have tabled offers and that talks are continuing amid optimism that Ashley’s timescale could be realistic.The news emerged amid reports that former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is ready to show his hand after spending several weeks attempting to put funding in place, while there have been suggestions that prospective purchasers from the United States, the Middle East and Turkey have made contact.Ashley revealed in a rare television interview that ongoing negotiations were ‘at a more progressed stage than they’ve ever been’ and although his comments were greeted with scepticism by fans who saw Amanda Staveley’s proposed takeover collapse earlier this year, things appear to be developing apace.Newcastle United FC takeover latest: Amanda Staveley's 250m offer still on the table despite Mike Ashley ending talks3
Staveley attempted to purchase the club earlier this year
He is keen to finally offload the club at the third time of asking after a turbulent 11-and-a-half years on Tyneside which has seen him at odds with large sections of the Toon Army for much of his time in charge.Disgruntled supporters have made their feelings abundantly clear over his repeated failure to provide his managers, and in particular present incumbent Rafael Benitez, with the funding to compete in the transfer market, with Ashley having admitted he cannot afford to do so. That has left the Spaniard’s future in doubt with his current contract due to expire at the end of this season, and the fan-base will be hoping a swift and successful conclusion to talks could both secure the 58-year-old’s continued presence and provide him with a meaningful war chest.In the meantime, Benitez insisted as he prepared for Wednesday night’s Premier League trip to Everton that it was ‘business as usual’ and expressed his hope that his players would not be distracted by events behind the scenes.He said: “I will say that I hope it will not be a distraction. Why? Because the players, they know that they have to perform, that’s it.Benitez’s side visit Goodison Park this evening3
Benitez’s side visit Goodison Park this evening
“For us, we have experience of this. We are in the same situation that we were in before. When we say, ‘business as usual’, it’s because we know that it will not change our plans.“Our plans are to look for the (transfer) targets. Fine. We are looking for the targets, so it depends who is there and who is available.“But for me, we carry on and thinking that Mike will be there, and we have to choose the right players for us. That’s it.”

Chelsea’s Premier League fixtures have been released – and it’s a stunning start for the casuals

Jurgen Klopp refuses to rule out managing Bayern Munich 'if the timing is right' but says he is happy at Liverpool Klopp managed Bayern's rivals Borussia Dortmund for seven seasons before
Jurgen Klopp refuses to rule out managing Bayern Munich 'if

Ole Gunnar Solskjaers Man United take on Reading this weekend

Getty Images. French soccer's Professional Football League (LFP) is set to make attending Ligue 1 games more affordable by introducing a €10 (US$11) price cap on away tickets from next season.
Home - Calculatedbet



RIP Everton made Pickering Britain's most expensive footballer in March 1964 Former Everton and England forward Fred Pickering has died, aged 78. Pickering, who became Britain's most expensive footballer in March 1964, passed away on Saturday night, an Everton statement confirmed.
Fred Pickering: Former Everton and England forward dies, aged

It was a relatively quiet January by Premier League standards

Mar 05, 2019 · Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Tottenham (agg: 0-4): Champions League last 16 - as it happened Spurs survived a first half onslaught before crushing Dortmund's hopes with a Harry Kane strike early in
Harry Kane strike gives Spurs emphatic Champions League

Piazon featured for Chelsea in pre-season, but has not made it into Maurizio Sarri’s first team
Danny Welbeck taken to hospital after being stretchered off

McAteer kicked out at Owen during the incident

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson fails in his bid to force independent review of Championship clubs' finances by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 25 Apr Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson has been thwarted in his bid to force an independent review of Championship clubs' finances.
Report: UEFA's Investigators Recommend Bo

Barcelona crashed out of the Champions League away a collapse at Liverpool

THIS is the shocking moment a fan is knocked out cold after a mass brawl erupts outside Turf Moor. Burnley's 2-0 win over Cardiff descended Burnley and Cardiff fans fight in the street
Burnley launch investigation after footage shows mass brawl

Mourinho ‘s United led the league 208 days ago

Arsenal transfer news: Gunners 'in talks' to sign Ajax star David Neres but face competition from Manchester United and Liverpool Manchester United are keen but are yet to hold talks with
Gunners 'in talks' to sign Ajax star David Neres but face
fussboll.com/2019/04/14/gunners-in-talks-to-sign-ajax-star-david-neres-but-face-competition-from-manchester-united-and-everton/
Gunners 'in talks' to sign Ajax star David Neres but face competition from Manchester United and Everton. Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Real Madrid closing in
Arsenal in talks to sign £35m Ajax winger David Neres ahead

Perhaps Maradona could be onto something…

Liverpool fan breaks down in tears on talkSPORT afUdgivet 2019-05-13 13 11:17:09 Liverpool fan breaks down in tears on talkSPORT after losing Premier League
Liverpool fan makes ABSURD trophy demand after Man City close

Moussa Djenepo will join Southampton

Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City 'shocked' and 'praying for positive news' after club-record signing confirmed to be on missing plane "We were very shocked upon hearing the news that the
~ Emiliano Sala: Cardiff City 'shocked' and 'praying for

Klopp was very happy with the character his side showed

Arsenal 0, Chelsea 1. Antonio Rüdiger (Chelsea) header from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Cesc Fàbregas with a cross following a corner. 15' Penalty saved! Álvaro Morata (Chelsea) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, right footed shot saved in the bottom left corner. 45' Substitution, Chelsea
Stoke - Premier League

Hazard is Chelsea’s only world-class player

Liverpool news: Jamie Carragher's amazing response to Adam Lallana's Cruyff Turn-filled performance vs West Ham Tuesday, 5 February 2019 Jamie Carragher made fun of Adam Lallana after the Liverpool midfielder decided to go a bit over the top with his skills in Monday night's draw with Liverpool.
LIVE West Ham Lallana News | One News Page

Replays appear to show Messi jumping into Fabinho

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists he has never celebrated another team dropping points and does not understand those in the game who do. After Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Leicester on Wednesday Manchester City defender Kyle Walker tweeted a much-used meme of England team-mate Harry Maguire from
Klopp: I have never celebrated another team dropping points

Post a Comment

0 Comments